Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Wedding Card!



This card was for my new hair stylist in the North.  She is getting married this week and I thought that was a good excuse to make a wedding card!  I had fun - and sorta copied the second card from this post by Melissa Phillips.  I find her cards way over my head, but sometimes I try them anyway!  *giggle*

Amanda was pleased!  

The papers, inks, and stamps were all Close-to-My-Heart.  The bag/envelope was embossed in the Cuttlebug and the cool doily that holds the glassine envelope bag closed is actually a drip-collar for candles used in church!  ( I found a bag of them in a drawer and my Beloved said I could have them for scrapping!!  :-D )  

We may be starting our travels tomorrow!  We've both been putting things into the suitcases all day and asking each other, did you pack the "xyz"?  It's really quite entertaining!  I'm fiddling around on the computer now while he naps.  Only fair since I slept in late when he got up for Rotary at 6 am.  

Hugs!!

4 comments:

Vicki Wizniuk said...

What a pretty card! I see some older sets put to good use. Have fun on your travels. :)

Alanna said...

What a beautiful card. I love thd colors and the flowers. Good luck with the travels. Hugs!

Jane said...

The wedding card is LOVEly, Sharli! Love the cuttlebugged envelope too. God's blessings and praying for your safe travel!

Becca-expressions said...

I love this older set. It's probably the one I pull out the most often, so I copied your card into my CASE file. I don't think I've ever stamped it on kraft and then colored. Love that effect!!