Thursday, August 21, 2014

Wedding cards . . . or Annniversary!!

This card was so much fun to make (but remember, I like to color!).  
I used the new CTMH stamp set called Celebrate Love Occasions. I also used CTMH inks and their new ShinHan alcohol markers as well as a couple of Prisma watercolor pencils.  (the purple and greens).  Then I randomly cut around the image at the bottom of my white piece (with the flower decoration) and layered it over a bright design paper from Pebbles.  Very fun!

This card was scrap-lifted from Lucy Abrams.  She is a popular artist and I can't find where the card was posted (perhaps it was pulled for publication?) but you can see her fabulous blog here.  I used different paper, color scheme, an extra layer, used two different size butterflies for the openings, and placed my sentiment in a different spot, but basically it is her card!  This was really quick and I love the effect!

Have I mentioned that summer in Minnesota is amazing!?  I am loving the outdoor time, the beautiful GREEN colors and the wildlife is fantastic! The other day we were at Grandview Lodge and I was delighted to watch a black squirrel and a gray squirrel playing together.  They are so much fun to watch - I could just daydream and watch their antics all day. 

Hugs! 

5 comments:

Becca-expressions said...

I LOVE this card! That set is on my wish list. It's my favorite wedding set ever released by CTMH. Hope you don't mind if I save this in my "to be CASE'd later" file!

Alanna said...

Both cards are so gorgeous Sharli. I always love when you post new cards.

Hope all is well. Hugs!

Jeanne said...

So, so pretty, Sharli! On that top card, the hearts look like they come from the same paper as your previous card (the one with the neat stitch that looks sewn) How versatile is that?! Your coloring looks great. Your second card is wonderful too. Love the butterflies with the stitched look around the cut out. Excellent work!

So happy that you are enjoying your summer in MN. It's so fun to watch the critters, isn't it? Just curious, how does Mr. Baggins like life up north?

Cibele Glazer said...

These are so petty! I love the colors and I adore how you did the butterfly cut-outs. Hope you had a wonderful summer. :)

Cibele Glazer said...

These are so petty! I love the colors and I adore how you did the butterfly cut-outs. Hope you had a wonderful summer. :)