Friday, September 19, 2014

My MN studio and a card

I alluded to a "remodeling" of my craft space in an earlier post. I am so proud of the way my beloved encourages my art passion.  He began encouraging me to take my "pick" of the rooms to be converted before we were even married.  Once I chose the room with North and West light from windows, he shopped for a work table. Then installed a corner cabinet . . . 

One day I saw a fabulous way to store my stamps. I mentioned it casually, and Steve started shopping for shutters for me . . . 

He installed them last summer when I was still in Arizona.  As you can see, I am getting settled!  I can't believe how good he is to me!

Now, for the card! This was easy and fun! I love using up scraps of paper packs. And the butterfly focal point is so versatile. I think this one will be a birthday card, but it could even be a sympathy card with slight changes. Well, back to work! My darling daughter and her husband are coming this weekend for a week!  Woot!!

3 comments:

Alanna said...

What an awesome room. The shutters are a fabulous idea. How wonderful that Steve is so supportive.

Your card is very pretty. I like how you did the butterfly.

Jeanne said...

Thanks so much for sharing your fantastic workspace, Sharli! I agree with Alanna, how fabulous that Steve is so supportive of your crafy pursuits. Your card is indeed very pretty. Have a wonderful time with your daughter and her husband!

Kim Heggins said...

Love your newly remodeled room...looks like so much fun and your card is just as amazing. So sweet with that butterfly cutout.