Thursday, April 30, 2015

Before and After

You probably recognize this card from a post last week - I prepared this one for my Open Stamping technique that I taught.  I showed the group how to use the acrylic blocks to create an interesting background for their focal image.  I had prepared for more people than showed up and rather than have that stack of supplies sitting there (cluttering my studio), I decided to sit down and make the remainder of the cards.  While I was working - on a whim I tried something different.  

I thought, why not add a little more interest by putting two ink colors on the block?  So I did.  I inked the bottom (maybe 1/3) with Flaxen and the remainder with Glacier.  And stamped it like before.  But the result was less than satisfying - especially where the two colors came together.  So then, I thought "what can I do to make the seam nicer?" and I decided to try spritzing the block with a fine water mist before stamping the colors.  Here is my "After" image: 
 

 Golly I love the result!  Well, I doubt I'll post again until we get to our summer home.  Keep posting, I LOVE getting ideas from all of you!  Hugs!!

5 comments:

Alanna said...

What fun cards. I love the design and that you used two colors on the block for the second one. Looks like a great technique.

Becca-expressions said...

Ooooo...I love this. I think you might have discovered a new technique.

Jeanne said...

I have a feeling those two words...I wonder...are what started all kinds of techniques. :) Great job satisfying your curiosity and sharing the beautiful results! Hope your move goes smoothly!

Kim Heggins said...

Love them both and I am sure anyone that receives them would be over the moon excited to have such a beautiful card.

Kandi said...

I love your cards Sharli! I'm glad I found your blog to add to my list of favorites. And thank you for commenting on my blog as well, that was really sweet. :)