Friday, April 17, 2015

Easter Card 2015


Happy Easter! We have been so busy, first with Holy Week, then with the recovery from Holy Week! LOL! I wanted to wait for The season of Easter before sharing my card and here we are nearly two weeks into it already! 

I made this with a new CTMH stamp set, watercolor technique, and an amazing little artist trick called "frisket". Frisket is a masking fluid that dries to seal off areas you want to protect from your water coloring (such as the lily) and once the background is finished and dry, you can remove the frisket and continue to develop your art (in this case, with Shin-Han markers. I made a limited number of these, just for closest friends and clergy. The majority were easel cards like the one I kept for myself.

The sky was done with Indian Corn Blue. I love the occasional hints of purple that show up!

Hugs!

3 comments:

Jeanne said...

Wow, Sharli, this is beautiful! I don't think I've heard of frisket. I will have to look into it. Whatever it is, it sure worked to help you create a stunning card. The background is soft and the flower light and delicate. Excellent work!

Becca-expressions said...

Very, very lovely!!!

Kim Heggins said...

What a stunning Easter card...I am in love with your amazing background you created...like I said, stunning!