Saturday, April 25, 2015

Happy Birds


 I love the birds and flowers in this stamp set! I guess that is because I love coloring and this gives me a great excuse to play with color - the designs just beg to be funky! I used Shin-Han markers - very easy! The little came from a retired set and I stamped it in Topiary ink. The doodled frame was drawn free hand.


As you can see, I also used my "wink of  Stella" brush to add some shine. The design paper is from the Seasonal Expression 2 papers called Blossom! Beautiful!

On a personal note, I am preparing to "fly north" to my summer home! I am really looking forward to seeing all the family again! Hugs!

5 comments:

Nancy Ball said...

Sharli, this is a gorgeous card.

Jeanne said...

Oh my goodness, Sharli! This is beautiful. Adore the colors you selected. So soft and pretty. The Wink of Stella adds just the right amount of sparkle. :) Good luck getting ready to head up "north" and happy/safe travels when you head out.

Kim Heggins said...

Fabulous card...love those sweet flowers and that bird is just so incredible. Your coloring is shear perfection. Love it! Wishing you a wonderful trip north and fabulous visit with your family!

Suzanne Reynolds said...

Shari, thanks for looking at my blog. Unlike you we are residents full time in Phoenix (Buckeye). Just putting a comment on this card but want you to know your cards are elegant, and I will be taking a sneak-peak to see what inspiration you have while back north.

Kandi said...

Hi again Sharli. I've been meaning to comment on this card for a while now. I just love it!! I've used the flowers in this set, but have yet to use the bird. If you wouldn't mind, I'd love to use your card in one of my classes (giving full credit of course). Whenever I see a card I love, I think "why try to recreate what's already fabulous?". Thank you for your inspiration!