Saturday, November 28, 2015

Another watercolor - Northern Lights

One of the CTMH consultants posted a video showing how to create a northern lights scene using sponges and ink pads.  I decided to try doing it with watercolors.  This was my first try - and I kinda like it!  The stars are dots of Star Dust Stickles.  The snow is Wink of Stella - Clear and the tops of the hills were done with the Stickles.

I don't think I mentioned on here that I actually saw Northern Lights this summer!  It was after midnight, Steve and friends had been out fishing for Walleye and saw the lights from the boat.  They woke me up and made me go outside with them in my robe and slippers - but I am SO GLAD they did!  What I saw wasn't as colorful as my example - mostly white with some green and blue hues; but the way it danced in the sky is a sight I'll never forget! Simply magical! 

4 comments:

Nancy Ball said...

I love the way you did your Northern Lights on this card. I was fortunate to grow up to see the Northern Lights for 26 years before I moved west. It would be lovely to see them again, but I do not miss the weather!

Jeanne said...

Oh my goodness, Sharli, this is stunning. You captured the essence of the Northern Lights perfectly, in my very humble opinion. How exciting to have been able to see them in person. Wow! Lucky you!

Becca-expressions said...

Really pretty, but you'll excuse me if I run outside to see if they match the ones in the sky RIGHT NOW. Squeee! Gotta go!

Becca-expressions said...

Nope...your card is prettier than what's out my window. Too many street lamps to get a good look at the Northern Lights and, at -18, I'm not going out to find a better vantage point. :)