Sunday, November 29, 2015

Ombre Watercolor


 I've made an ombre background using the ink pad and a water brush; but honestly, the way the watercolors move on the new CTMH watercolor paper with a brush is so satisfying! I believe doing it this way the blending was even easier! 

I used three of the colors (I actually worked it from lightest to darkest), I "encouraged" the piece to dry with the heat gun, and then stamped the sentiments with the new Sapphire ink.  The front piece is self-matted (I had taped the watercolor paper down with Washi tape) and it is mounted onto a piece of Sapphire cardstock. Then I stamped some stars with White Daisy pigment inks.  I had to stamp them several times to get them solid enough but the final effect is nice - they are a little blurry just like all the stars I see in the sky at night! I also used just a touch of the Wink of Stella Clear on the stars.  

2 comments:

Jeanne said...

You are just having a ton of fun with those watercolors! I love it. And this looks terrific as well. Great work, Sharli! Keep em coming. :)

Kim Heggins said...

Beautiful card...love that gorgeous blue background.