Thursday, April 28, 2016

Roses!

This card was inspired by another CTMH Consultant, whose name I don't have!  I loves the way she allowed the roses to fall off the card front!  It was a little "cutting intensive" but I actually love cutting things out by hand.  Crazy, huh!  The stamp set is a retired one - Love Blooms.  The sentiment came from somewhere!  (CTMH I'm sure!).  I believe it was all one stamp and I had cut it into two words some time in the past.  I love that you can do that with the acrylic stamps - so easy to use them creatively! The dot paper was from a National Scrapbooking Month special several years ago called Dotty For You! 

On a more personal note, we are trying to get our taxes done before we leave on our trip (we had to file an extension - again!).  I've been working on last minute details such as "do I have enough room on my camera?  Perhaps I should buy another memory card for it!" and "Why are all my GoTubes too big - I need 2 ounce ones!"  I'm sure I'll forget something - but I'm really trying to pull it all together!  I am taking the I-Pad, but don't know how often we will have Internet available and probably won't have any art work to post anyway.  I could bore you to death with photos from our trip . . . (I'll leave that to my Facebook page!).  Hugs!

4 comments:

Karen B. said...

Have a grand time on your trip! This card is lovely.

Becca-expressions said...

Gorgeous card!! Have fun on your trip!!!

Julia Aston said...

I love the colors you used on your pretty blooms - they look wonderful against the checks - have a wonderful time on your super vacation Sharli!

Jeanne said...

Beautiful card, Sharli. Wonderful color combinations. I like how your roses are moving across the card. Sometimes fussy cutting is meditative, isn't it? :) Good luck getting those taxes done. And above all enjoy that once in a lifetime trip of yours!! Hugs!