Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Found treasure

Cleaning closets the other day in Steve's house and I came across three embroidered flowers.  I asked - he didn't know anything about them, so I decided to make quick use of them on a trio of cards!  



The blush design paper and zip strip are from Charlotte papers (retired) and the black design was from another retired CTMH paper pack (can't remember the name!).  I had some die-cut felt leaves, and rose-gold sequins.  The Thinking of You and the Happy Birthday are CTMH stamps.  The You Remind me of the Person I'd Like to Become is a stamp from the set "Carpe Diem" made by Verve.  I love that set!  

I am surprised how different they look just by changing up the arrangements on the card - and for the birthday one, making the size square rather than A2.  I used the black design and zip strip along the bottom edges of the insides to carry the theme over.  

Don't you love it when you find something so cool!?!

5 comments:

Kandi said...

These are just lovely. I love textiles on cards and this is a great use of those flowers. I love that paper too. It looks like Charlotte? Thanks for sharing your beautiful cards. :)

Alanna said...

WOW Sharli, what a find you made. Those flowers are so beautiful and what a special touch they've added to these otherwise beautiful cards.

Jeanne said...

What a fantastic find, Sharli! And a fabulous use of your find. Crocheted flowers are so pretty, especially the ones made with that kind of thread/yarn. The variagations in color are lovely. I really like how you used them on these pretty cards. The colors you chose really show off the colors in the flowers. Wonderful work! Just last night Amy and I saw a car with a bumper sticker that said, I ♥ Crochet. You don't see that very often. Thanks for sharing! Hugs! :)

maria f. said...

Oh how cool! Those are lovely and you've given them the perfect BG to show themselves off. Fabulous combo of PP patterns, Sharli. Keep cleaning ;)

Kim Heggins said...

What a wonderful treasure....those flowers look simply stunning on your cards. Just so beautiful.