Friday, September 30, 2016

sympathy

I was cleaning and organizing and came across a negative image stamp that I haven't used in years and years!  This didn't really start out as I had it in my head - I was going to make a small tag - but with a very pale yellow-white flower.  But the flowers simply didn't show up!  As I added more color, they began to appear.  The process was to stamp the paper with the music, heat dry, then stamp the negative stamp over the music with clear embossing powder, let cool.  I started off trying to put a dark green watercolor pencil on the stems, and they got rather lost as the flowers got darker.  

So, what do you do with such a dark image? Rather than throw it away, I decided to go "elegant" and used the black glossy over matte pattern paper (CTMH), a ribbon from my stash, the sentiment is from a CTMH stamp set (retired, I believe).  I am getting to the age when I use a LOT of sympathy cards - so now I have one for my stash. 

1 comment:

Jeanne said...

Very pretty and comforting. Great use of the colors. Hugs!