Saturday, October 22, 2016

A CASE from a very talented lady!

I saw a post by Karen Pederson with a card much like this one that had me running to my storage looking for a pumpkin!  I figured I could use any old sentiment - the pumpkin was the critical part!  I was up in MN at the time, and would you believe that I did NOT have a single pumpkin stamp in that studio?!  My Goodness!  And I have about 400,000,000 of them in the Mesa studio!  We'll have to even that out a little bit!

So, I got the September Close to My Heart stamp of the month - despite telling myself that I didn't need it.  I tried to copy Karen's card, but there are several differences; I stamped, and water colored the pumpkin (I think she used ShinHan markers), I used dew drops (anyone remember those??) and I used waxed flax for the twine element, in a golden, pumpkin-ish color.  I am thankful for her inspiration and really like this one, too.

3 comments:

Kim Heggins said...

Absolutely wonderful card...so in love with your gorgeous pumpkin.

Alanna said...

What a beautiful card Sharli. I love the design and am glad you were able to get your hands on a 'local' pumpkin. 😀

Jeanne said...

Lovely card, Sharli! I'm so glad you were able to find a pumpkin image. You found a good one! It looks wonderful. I really like the font in the thankful sentiment. I think dew drops are sort of coming back in. I've seen clear ones on others' cards. Waxy flax! That's something I kinda wish would come back. I liked that stuff. :) I guess I could make your own, though, if I really wanted to. LOL Anyway, back to your card. Love it! :) So happy you were inspired to create this beauty.