Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Techniques for Open Stamping on Dec. 4th

For our Open Stamping at my house (Nov/Dec combined) we will learn a "new" technique and an alternate method.  We'll be using Perfectly Pine (A1191) from the Holiday Expressions mini-catalog, and a retired Easter stamp (Peace be with you).  I used New England Ivy (retired) and Chocolate colors on Whisper gray cardstock.  The card base is Glacier cardstock and the front 4 x 5 1/4" piece is Twilight (retired) cardstock.  

The "snow" was created with a "snow" stencil and white embossing paste.  This is a very cool, very easy technique!  The alternate is to stamp the snow with the border stamp set Charming Cascades and one of the more opaque pigment ink pads (White Daisy, or Colonial White). 

The holidays are upon us - and I'm preparing for this Sunday's fun while also waiting (not very patiently) for surgery on December 13th.  I hope to not be "out of the saddle" for long, but rather, free from pain and finally able to spend time doing what I love.  

If you are interested in the Perfectly Pine set (only $6.95) you'll need to order it by the end of the year as that catalog goes away soon.  

Namaste.

2 comments:

Jeanne said...

Pretty card, Sharli! I'm sure your friends will enjoy making this lovely card! I like the snow line and the pine bough. Hope you are able to get the surgery, recover quickly and get on with enjoying your life pain free! What a lovely thought! :) Hugs!

Kim Heggins said...

Beautiful card and so wish I lived closer to come stamp with you! What an amazing treat that would be.