Saturday, June 24, 2017

Deer Window and the garden

This is the last of the Art Impressions windows.  I forgot I'd made this one (I mailed it right away!).  It was as I was putting away my toys that I saw there were 5 of them, and remembered that I had posted only 4!  So, here is probably my favorite one - the Deer Window.  "He makes my feet like the feet of the deer and he sets me on high mountains".  

I need to clear off this awful mess of a desk so the surface is available for me to create something!  I've also set aside some photos to have printed - so it's possible I might make a scrapbook layout soon!  LOL  it's way over due!  

I've got gorgeous photos from our flower garden; 
The poppies were amazing this year!
These Iris are favorites because the colors are maroon and gold - the school colors for both ASU and UMN-Gophers. 
Columbine - so profuse!  And the white/purple bearded iris were also abundant this year.  It must have been just the perfect mixture of rain and sunshine!  Steve's garden blooms all summer long - one flower, then another, then a different type, then more, the Sedum is the last to bloom and it is Melissa's favorite.  I missed the Peony (Steve's) because the day they all opened, we were away and there was hail here that beat them all to the ground.  My own favorite?  Not sure. I love sunflowers, cone flowers, and daisies.  I have a beautiful Dahlia hanging outside the studio window (deep red!) that is a delight, too.  But those are annuals.  I'll have to see what I can find for a Perennial favorite.

I hope my friends in AZ are staying cool - and that everyone is happy and healthy!  Hugs! 

3 comments:

Jeanne said...

Oh I'm happy I got to see this final card in the series, Sharli. It's so very pretty and serene. You've colored this one wonderfully as well. Great job. Oh and thanks for showing your beautiful garden. It looks so pretty and lush! Those poppies are huge! You might ask your sweetie to plant you some Shasta Daisies as they are a perennial. I planted some after I moved here and they get a little bigger every year. I'll bet you are so happy to not be in AZ these past few weeks. I, too, hope people are being safe and staying cool! :) Hugs.

Kim Heggins said...

Wow...another beautiful window scene. You have a great way of showcasing them on your cards, just amazing. Love your gorgeous flowers too, you have quite the green thumb!

maria f. said...

So happy I dropped by today - the deer at the pond - what a lovely image. I love deer. And wow on that garden! I would die for those gorgeous, huge poppies. They're so beautiful. Too bad about the peonies (I love them too).