Friday, November 24, 2017

Starry night

This card simply didn't photograph very well.  I even used my light box!
The color of the cardstock for the "sky" is Outdoor Denim - a retired CTMH color that is a dark blue.  (it looks black here, huh).  The background die cut makes circles (snow) and stars.  I also had trouble capturing what I did for the stars, but I'll explain.  I put the die-cut cardstock over the card front (with a piece of washi tape) and made a light pencil circle inside each star.  Then I folded the cardstock back and one by one erased the pencil mark and made a circle of Crystal Stickles. In real life the stars are sparkly.

The snowy hills with trees are a die cut from Penny Black.  I watercolored the trees using my favorite Derwent Inktense pencils.  The sentiment is from Penny Black as well.  

I have about a dozen of this design to use for Christmas.  Making progress!!

1 comment:

Jeanne said...

Beautiful card! I know it's frustrating when the photo doesn't do the card justice. But it doesn't take away the overall beauty of the card. I remember Outdoor Denim and I can imagine how sparkly those stars are. :) Lovely work!