Saturday, December 30, 2017

Daisy and Cone Flower Thank You

Sunflowers, daisies, cone flowers - all my favorites!  I used a V.E.R.Y. old CTMH acrylic stamp set that was first released in rubber.  I have them both somewhere.  Whoops-a-Daisy was in the catalog the year I became a Consultant (17 years ago).  But, the design papers are brand-spankin' new!  They are Fundamental Basics and are very useful for both scrapbooking and card making. 

I used Saddle ink on the lighter part of the daisy centers.  Nutmeg ink on the sentiment.  In the image of the card standing up, you can see I repeated the diagonal stripe inside. 

Then, how about the same template with a cone flower from Tim Holtz?
 
I'm crazy about this cone flower image!  It required some masking, and I used my Derwent Inktense pencils to watercolor the images.  Everything else is the same as the Daisy card.  Completely different look!  There is a house near our home in MN that has a very lovely garden of cone flowers - this color!  They are simply breathtaking! It has encouraged me to get out for walks more often!




4 comments:

Jeanne said...

I definitely remember that Whoops a Daisy set. It was a popular one, if I recall. Lovely card showcasing it. Your coneflowers are very pretty, too. I had a plant that Amy gave me when she "graduated" from 5th grade. It would bloom every year for a while. So pretty. It was in a pot and I think it froze or something. Oops. But it sure was pretty while it lasted. :) Thanks for sharing, Sharli! Happy New Year!

Julia Aston said...

Beautiful blooms on both creations Sharli! I love cone flowers and have some purple and white ones in my gardens, wishing you a wonderful crafty New Year my friend! Julia xx

Becca-expressions said...

I just recently gave away my Whoops A Daisy set. Now I'm bummed. Love these cards!!

maria f. said...

These are beautiful Sharli, and so dynamic thanks to that great strip of striped PP down the edge. Love that touch!