Saturday, February 24, 2018

Inspired by Vicki O'Dell

My first attempt (top) looks more like Vicki's card here. But I felt like the die cut sentiment kinda over-powered the card so I tried a second approach and actually, I like this one better.  The sentiment is from the Birthday Sparkles set - the flowers that Vicki used are Poppies from Chelsea Gardens, and since I didn't have that set, I used other flowers instead.  Same color schemes .  I love it when I find such a beautiful artist to try to imitate!

3 comments:

Jeanne said...

Very pretty card, Sharli. Love colors, smart patterns and a happy sentiment. Great job. I agree that on the second card the sentiment isn't quite so bold. Great job! :) Hugs!

Alanna said...

What gorgeous cards Sharli. I love the patterned paper and those red flowers. Great job!

Kim Heggins said...

Sweet pair of birthday cards...love your choice of patterned paper, just wonderful.