Sunday, February 18, 2018

Inspired by Vicki Wiznuik

Awhile ago Vicki Wiznuik (blog is here) inspired me with a series of adorable Puny Pals cards!  I made this one as a thank you note for my sweet sister-in-law Lynette.  She gave me the CUTEST froggy doing Yoga statue for Valentines day!   

I used a mixture of CTMH old and new here.  The wood-grain paper is in the new Sugar Rush pack, the textured cardstock (lightly sanded) is from eons ago when I bought a ton of it because it was being discontinued.  The copper color web-ribbon is from the craft store (on a roll).  The white dots are from CTMH and the stamps are all still current, I believe.  The fun thing about this is that I used one of the "Splash" stamps but I didn't want the whole thing - really just the outside edges where the splashes are further apart.  So, I didn't use a block, inked the acrylic stamp with my fingers and stamped it very organically!  The black outline was hand-drawn as well.  This frog was my favorite of the three cards I did, so it was given away first!  Hope you like it!!

2 comments:

Jeanne said...

Great texture on this cute frog card, Sharli. I like how you sanded the one piece. The copper ribbon is really cool. And great way to ink your stamp. All around great job.

Kim Heggins said...

Love your sweet card...that little froggie is just too darn cute!