Thursday, March 8, 2018

Easter bunny card

Hello everyone!  I'm in an bright mood today as I'm packing up for a scrapping retreat with friends!  Very fun!!!!  I hope to even get something done!  LOL  

One of the cards I may work on is this (heavily stolen from Julia Aston, here.   I used all CTMH products, so my bunny faces the opposite direction from Julia's.   The only current items are the paper and the tiny butterfly (in the Chelsea Garden card making stamp set).  Since it is white on white, can you see that the top piece is dry embossed?  Popped up on foam adhesive tape?  That the "picture" is on the card base itself?  I used Chocolate ink, Sky and Pear, Topiary.  The pinks added to the egg were pencil (needed a fine point).  The "Sharli Lesson" for this card is - stamp your sentiment before dry embossing the paper.  LOL

2 comments:

Jeanne said...

Oooh, have fun on your retreat. Hope there's some productivity among the visiting! You don't want all that packing to go to waste. LOL Your card is delightful, Sharli. Yes, I can see the wonderful embossed layer and that the bunny is peeking through the window. Sweet scene. And yep, is it much easier to stamp prior to embossing. But I've done the same thing! Have a great weekend.

Kim Heggins said...

So sweet...love your adorable bunny! Have a great time on your retreat, I have gone on several and loved every minute crafting with my friends!!! So I know you will have a blast, looking forward to hearing all about it!