Thursday, August 16, 2018

Little Saint Nick

I fell in love with Little Saint Nick when Becca Whitham used it to make the most wonderful CAS card!  For the top image, I used the shiny side of the New England Ivy Fundamentals paper (retired) and for the 2nd card used the paper flipped over!  The red glitter tape is CTMH - it has it's own adhesive.  The green ribbon is CTMH as well.  The little white glitter diamonds were leftovers from a die cutting project (snowflakes, I believe).  I glued a few in place but the rest are free to roam inside the new CTMH shaker window foam items.  The one with the sequins, same idea - some sequins are glued down but most are free to move.  I just wanted the cards to look good stand up.  For the 1st card I made my own shaker using my circle dies.  I used a slightly smaller die, and next time will die cut a design paper rather than trying to color it myself!  

We have been SO busy!  We have hosted three musicians this month - the ones here currently are Opera singers!  I can't describe how beautiful and relaxing it is to hear them practicing and warming up their vocal cords.  I told the female she was welcome to just live with us!  They are both so delightful!   We have had instrumentalists before - never someone whose voice is their instrument - so this is a change!  I'm loving every minute!

2 comments:

Julia Aston said...

What fun holiday shaker cards Sharli - there is something magical about shakers with their moving sparkly pieces! How wonderful to have singers staying with you and getting to hear their lovely voices!

Jeanne said...

These are really fun and festive, Sharli. Shakers are just plain fun, really! I really like your Santas, too. They are colored wonderfully. How wonderful for you to have the opera singers staying with you. You and your husband are very generous!