Sunday, November 25, 2018

Dark sympathy card

This was an attempt to copy an idea I saw on one of the stamp company blogs.  Her example was better.  I used a stencil and pigment ink (flaxen) on the dark paper to give a hint of swirls.  The flower bouquet is from a retired CTMH stamp set - it came with thin cuts and may have been the first set we got that had that option!  Anyway, I colored it fairly neutral with peach on the big flower and some raspberry on the small one.  
It is made as an easel card.  This is the card all closed up. Below is the card on the inside.  
Open stamping this weekend and then my schedule accelerates!  (well, it is that time of the year, I guess).  I have all sorts of Advent commitments, including a 4 day retreat (I hope I'm not repeating myself).  I'll share more about that as I go.  Hugs!!

1 comment:

Jeanne said...

Pretty card. I like the coloring on the flowers. Good luck with your busy season! Hugs!