Friday, February 15, 2019

A "romantic" Valentine

This card was made with a Valentine stamp that I got but had never used!  I inked the large rose bouquet with the archival black ink from CTMH.  It's a new one - a hybrid ink of dye and alcohol ink.  It's good for watercoloring!  I must have messed around too long with the inked stamp before applying it to the paper because the inked image was pretty light!  I figured, well, let's play and see how it looks!  Golly - I like it!  I also used the new CTMH watercolor pencils.  They have a very pale pink that is dreamy.  I used it here, but mostly blended it in with the next darker pink so the only places you can really see it is on the outside edges of the largest rose.  Cardstock was Sweet Leaf and Pixie.  
Hope you had a nice Valentines Day.  

2 comments:

Jeanne said...

Beautiful card. The image is watercolored beautifully!

Kim Heggins said...

So beautiful...love your sweet roses!