Saturday, February 16, 2019

New Cactus stamps

I used this card to teach some techniques at our last Open Stamping day (Jan. 24th).  

1.  I used a piece of printer paper to do an un-even (hilly?) tear and use the paper to mask the card so I could add Cashmere ink with a dauber brush.

2.  I used another brush to add Canary yellow to the upper right hand corner (sun?) and carried it out across the card a bit.  

3.  I stamped the cacti with the new archival black CTMH ink.

4.  I colored both cacti with the lighter Shin-Han alcohol ink marker, and when that color was dry, I went over the spines of the sahuaro with the next darker green.  For the prickly pear, I made little doodle circles all over the cactus giving it a mottled look.  

5.  The flower was stamped in Raspberry (the May Arts ribbon is Raspberry and Green).

6.  I stamped a potted Aloe on the envelope and just colored the cactus - then stamped Just Saying Aloe.  Very fun!  

In Arizona (where I live most of the time) we can't really have too many cactus/desert plant stamps!  LOL

2 comments:

Jeanne said...

Very sharp looking card, Sharli. ;) Great colors and some fun techniques were used. I'm sure your attendees enjoyed making this one very much. :)

Kim Heggins said...

Simply wonderful card...just love your sweet cacti! Wonderful!