Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Sad and Happy

I'm sad, because my local scrapbook store is closing. But I'm also happy, because I was able to pick up a lot of great items at reduced prices.  The owners had such an up-beat attitude, it reminds me of how very positive people are in Minnesota.  So, no tears here - just looking forward to new beginnings and, on my part, playing with my new toys.

The stamps are My Favorite Things and had coordinating dies to cut the flowers and leaves.  I used Close-to-My-Heart inks (Blush, Hollyhock, Tulip and Lagoon) and cardstock (Pixie) and the design papers were from Pebbles.  

3 comments:

Nancy Ball said...

Sweet card, Sharli. I guess you will have to be the scrapbook store in town now!

Alanna said...

This is so pretty. I have those stamps as well and love them. Sorry about the local store closing but that is nice that you were able to get some deals.

Jeanne said...

Oh, that is very sad about the store closing, but happy to hear you were able to support them just a bit before the locked the doors. Every little bit helps. Your card is lovely. The colors are wonderful and I really like how you cut the strip with the dots. It looks sewn without the hassle of pulling out a needle and thread or sewing machine. ;)