Thursday, July 23, 2015

Playing around with ink and sponges

This one was my favorite of three that I made "identical".  Do you have issues like that with cards?  What happened is that when I was putting the last one together, I reversed the green and blue panels and almost made the card upside down!  I decided to just go with it, and I really like that the sky part of the card rests against the green and the hill part rests on the blue.  Serendipity!
This was just sponging without any masking.  I like it for it's gentle changes.
This card was a failure, but I love the concept so I'm sharing anyway.  I used a small sizzlet ? - the set of three leaf patterns that are a black plastic thing with a sponge on the cutting side?  Anyway, It was very difficult to get the leaves to cut completely and it left a mark all around the plastic shape, even though I used a squishy mat.  I can't even look up the exact name of the dies because I was so frustrated with them I threw them away!  

On the lighter note - I used Glacier, Lagoon and Pacifica inks and a sponge to create the underneath. If you know of a terrific branch of foliage that I could use instead, please let me know! 

2 comments:

Jeanne said...

Oh gosh, Sharli! Having that amount of difficulty cutting out a shape doesn't sound good at all. I'm sorry you had to go through that. I think I recognize the shape and it looks like a Sizzix one I see at Joann's all the time. I've had it in my hand and put it back several times. I think I will leave it on the hanger now. But on a much happier note...your sponging looks amazing!! All three cards have beautiful color that blends together wonderfully. I really, really like the ones on the die cut one. Might have to try that myself. The first card looks great with the image you chose and your serendipitous cardstock placement. :) Pretty image and sentiment. The second card is very soft and soothing. Looks like sponging and Sharli get along really well! As for the die...Kay Miller uses one that I really like, but I can't find it at the moment. I think it is from My Favorite Stamps. The leaves are larger, though if I remember correctly.

Kim Heggins said...

Three absolutely gorgeous card Sharli! I love your inking, so beautiful.