Saturday, February 21, 2015

BIRTHDAY


I am nearly ready for the card making class that I donated to my church to raise money for Outreach. We are focusing on Birthday cards and I have been working to make five cards that are fairly simple but each teach different things. Partly what will make this work is that I have done a lot of the preparations for them. I'll show the technique (for example, cutting out shapes with the Big Shot and dies) but I will have done the heavy lifting already. 

So, on this super-easy card, I stamped, stickled, and cut out the flames ahead of time. The sentiment is a retired Close To My Heart stamp that they will use (sharing one stamp between 10 of them) while the washi tapes are placed and the flames adhered with adhesive foam tape. 

I really like how fun this card looks for the little effort!

2 comments:

Jeanne said...

Great job on this card, Sharli! It's very fun and festive. A great one for a class. Hope everyone enjoys it!

Kim Heggins said...

Amazing and fun birthday card. Love all your wonderful candles, the flames are so perfect.