Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Technique for January

This was the card we made at the January Open Stamping. The intention was to show possible uses for the new Brushstrokes stamp set, to stamp the sentiment in dark ink over the brush strokes, and to use sequins. Everyone received a small package of sequins of their very own. Yes, I do realize that I am pretty late jumping on the sequin bandwagon.

News here? I've got Mr. Baggins on a diet.  It is in his best interest, and bless his heart, he is VERY excited to see me get out of bed in the mornings because he knows I'll feed him right away.  Let's pray this works without turning him into a little monster. So far, so good.

Hugs!

6 comments:

Alanna said...

What a fun card. I love the look of that stamp set. I hope the diet continues to go well for Mr. Baggins.

Nancy Ball said...

I'm not so fond of this brushstrokes stamp set.....but I must say I love how you used it on your card. Might win me over yet!

Jeanne said...

Pretty card, Sharli. I like the colors and how you added the sequins for a little bling. Hope Mr. Baggins continues to do well on his diet.

Kim Heggins said...

This is so beautiful. I love how you used the brushstrock stamp and what a fabulous background you created. Just beautiful.

Julia Aston said...

What great colors on this Sharli! It looks like you used crayons! Hope Mr. Baggins is doing ok - it is good to have him at a healthy weight!

maria f. said...

tee hee hee - good luck on the diet front! I love your rainbow! And sequins can be addicting. Hello shaker cards ;)