Saturday, January 31, 2015

Birthday

Wow, that was a long week! Sorry about that! I saw my doctor the day after we got back from Minnesota and he had an unexpected opening in his schedule. I jumped on it and had a total knee replacement on Dec. 9th.

My schedule has been very hectic with PT and healing, but I have had some time to create, just not to blog about it!

This card was inspired by Debby at something-oodle blogspot. I have spent countless hours trying to find her original post without success.  Debby, with all my respect and admiration, I have R & D'd your card.
(R&D = rip off and duplicate).

I changed the template by flipping it horizontally. This was because the only bird I had that would work was facing the left, not the right. I hand-stamped the background damask pieces with a CTMH background builder set. I modified the sentiment to Happy Birthday. And I LOVE this card!  All CTMH products, colors are Canary, Glacier, Whisper, and Slate. The sentiment is black on vellum.

For those who care; our trip home was "different" with a circus of things all surrounding poor Mr. Bilbo Baggins. Long story short, I swear he kissed the ground when he stepped out of his carrier inside my home in Mesa.  LOL




4 comments:

Jeanne said...

Oh wow, Sharli! Hope you are healing well. My sil had a knee replacement recently and I hear it's a very painful recovery. Good luck to you. Poor Mr. Bilbo Baggins. Glad he made it home safely. Lovely card. I like the paper behind the clouds and the sweet bird flying serenely (I hope). Good luck with your recovery! Hugs!

richardbreaks said...

Well, I was wondering what happened to you. Hope the healing is going well.
Your card is lovely. Love the clouds so much!

Kim Heggins said...

Hello Sharli...this is just so sweet. I love your patterned paper clouds and that sweet little blue bird. Just the perfect birthday card and great for a guy or gal. Take it easy and just fabulous card.

Julia Aston said...

Love the cut out clouds on your pretty b'day card Sharli - so glad to hear you had your surgery and are on the mend! (DH had his 2/10 date canceled for knee replacement due to a blip on EKG that had to be investigated - hopefully will get rescheduled soon!)