Saturday, November 9, 2013

Watercolors

Happy Saturday!  I hope you are fully enjoying this weekend - in our part of the world the weather is glorious and it was just delightful doing EVERYTHING today - even my little nap ( ! ) in the late filtered sunlight.

This card was embossed with white embossing powder on white cardstock and then watercolored with a water-pen picking ink directly off the ink pads.  I used Close-to-My-Heart Sweet Leaf, Olive, Blush, Cotton Candy, and Hollyhock.  I found this sparkly pink ribbon at the Metal and Paper Scrappers store in Payson AZ.  I really like this card, not sure why.  Hope you like it, too!  

Hugs!

8 comments:

Terrie Dodd said...

I LOVE this card...so delicate and pretty! I have been wanting to go to that store in Payson...may have to make a trip soon! Have a great weekend!

Jeanne said...

Oh my goodness, Sharli, this is a gorgeous card. I think you like it because it's beautiful and you created it! It has a delicate feel to it. Your watercoloring is spot on. Wow! Have a happy day!

Shirley said...

Gorgeous beyond words, Sharli!! I have really missed your art and glad to be able to hop again. Need to try the inkpads for coloring. You have inspired me. I use the H2O's.

Nancy Ball said...

I LOVE this card, Sharli. Your colouring is magnificent!

richardbreaks said...

Sharli this is gorgeous!

Julia Aston said...

what lovely watercoloring Sharli! the blooms look so delicate!!

Carla said...

Gorgeous!

maria f. said...

So very pretty. Watercoloring is almost therapeutic, isn't it?!?