Thursday, December 5, 2013

Masculine Birthday card


This was a super easy card - and I pulled out another retired Close-to-My-Heart stampset (the birthday cake, plate and confetti).  Most of the paper was retired, too.  (sorry!).  I needed something that wasn't girly, and wouldn't take all night!  I like how the cake turned out stamped on a design paper - it gives it another dimension of pattern and colors.  The inside was a simple design using the patterned paper.  The card has been sent and received and the biggest response was for the cash tucked inside!  LOL  

The only think remotely remarkable about the card was that I used a copper "zing" embossing glitter for the confetti.  I really love the look even though the photo doesn't do it justice.  

My Love took me to see Evita last night - the Broadway production on tour.  It was fabulous!  I was up too late, however, and really wished it had been Saturday this morning when the alarm went off before 5 am.  Not as young as I used to be!  ;-) 

Hugs!

5 comments:

Jeanne said...

Great card, Sharli. The colors are perfect for a masculine card. I remember when that cake stamp came out! (that could be kind of sad, since it's been a while). I like the embossed confetti. Neat color! How fun that you got to go out with your honey. I'm sure it was worth you being tired for a day. ;)

Alanna said...

Fabulous card Sharli. I too remember that stamp set.

Sounds like you had a great date and I hear you about having troubles staying up late on a work night.

richardbreaks said...

Love this. The streamers are so fun, and the cake is really terrific!
I got my card! LOVE LOVE LOVE it! Thanks so much!

maria f. said...

This is fun! I love how you got so much depth and detail onto your cake. And I know how cool that copper glitter powder is IRL ;)

Julia Aston said...

You sure have all the great masculine colors on this great b'day card Sharli! Sounds like a wonderful evening out - even if it was late!