Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Technique for Open Stamping - April

I've been thinking about the way people use their acrylic blocks to put ink onto paper and finally pulled out some paper and tried it. The first thing I learned was that the "usual" side to use (for stamping) with the CTMH blocks is the flat-edge side. I have always held the block so the upper edges (where I'm trying to hold onto the block) are the curved ones. Well, it never occurred to me that the business side of the block (where the stamp goes) has an etched line (for keeping things straight - especially sentiments!) and that the line would show up in this technique. So, true to form, I have my first thing to share with my friends about how "not" to do it!  LOL

I put ink onto the block, stamping the block directly onto the paper and the rest was just as usual. What resulted is a very simple card - but I like the look. This is a technique I will probably do again - just because it was so easy and the idea of creating a block of color for your focal image appeals to me.  

I used the newest Seasonal Expressions catalog card-kit stamp set with Glacier, Pear, Smoothie, and Cocoa inks and White Daisy cardstock. Hope you like it!
Hugs! 
 
 

2 comments:

Jeanne said...

Wow, that sure packs a lovely punch, Sharli. It's an idea I've heard of several times, but I forget it once I sit down to stamp. Good for you for trying it out. Your card is very striking. I like the colors you chose and the placement of your sentiment. :)

Kim Heggins said...

Sweet anniversary card...love your sweet pair of flowers against that beautiful soft blue.