Sunday, April 14, 2019

Next Open Stamping technique


I'm using the stamp of the month for April for the Open Stamping on 4/28.  This will be the last one before I travel up to Minnesota.  I'm hoping to see my friends one more time before I go!  

I stamped and heat embossed on vellum for the butterflies.  Then I colored them with the Shin Han (alcohol) markers and cut them out.  They were adhered to the card front with just a sliver of tape adhesive under the center of the body so that the wings could be lifted.  The stamp set also had a nifty, small diagonal stripe border that I stamped in three different colors.  I added a small twine to cover up the small gap between the Blossom and Sugarplum borders.  The thanks is also in the same stamp set and I used Bluebird, but will use Carolina next time since it's just a little softer.  

Hope you like it!  

We were in a death-watch for several weeks and finally went to the funeral (Steve performed with the Bishop of New Hampshire).  It was a very close friend of Steve's (50+ years) and his family was there.  I feel so close to his widow, Susanne.  She is one of those people who make you feel instantly loved.  Our time together this visit was short, but we packed in a lot of story telling and as much laughter as possible.  

As always, it's good to be home.

4 comments:

Jeanne said...

Beautiful card, Sharli. Love the delicate and pretty butterflies. The peek of color is so lovely. I hope you get to see all your friends before you head up to Minnesota. I am so sorry for the loss you and your husband are going through. So difficult, even if it is a part of life. Grateful you can be there for his widow. Gentle hugs to you all!

Kim Heggins said...

This is so beautiful...love your gorgeous butterflies!!!

Julia Aston said...

Your butterflies are so delicate stamped on the vellum and attached only at the center Sharli! So sorry for the loss of your husband's friend - I'm sure the family got great comfort by both of your presence at the funeral...

Isaac Lopez said...

Loved reading this tthank you