Saturday, July 20, 2019

Keeping you in Earnest Prayer

I believe I R&D's this card from Debbie Hughes - Lime Doodle.  She is very talented and her card is perfection!  My card is my first attempt at this technique!  Enuf said. 

I used a flower stencil - and sprayed the back of it with "Pixie Spray".  This gives it a tacky but repositionable adhesion.  What it means is that you can watercolor directly through the stencil without worrying that the stencil will move around!  Brilliant!  I used the old technique of picking ink directly off the ink pad with a watercolor brush (the plastic kind that holds water).  There are at least two colors on the flowers and two on the leaves.  I splattered some ink over the page (the yellow color) and then picked out some iridescent sequins to adhere.  The sentiment was added to a gray design paper and trimmed down.  

This card was signed by the entire family"up north" and sent to Kris. Kris is my husband's sister in law, married to his youngest brother. She is entering hospice care and we needed her to know we are with her.  

My only regret on making this card is that I should have created a card front 1/4 size smaller than the base card.  Then I could have smoothed out the wrinkles somewhat by mounting the piece onto foam tape.  

2 comments:

Jeanne said...

Beautiful card, Sharli. Sounds like that Pixie Spray really works. I have some, just haven't used it yet. My someday basket is getting pretty full. LOL Seriously, though, the colors are wonderful and it looks lovely. I am sorry to hear of your family member having to go into hospice care. That is very hard. I wish you all comfort and peace.

Kim Heggins said...

this is one beautiful card...really love that sweet sentiment. How fun to use Pixie Spray, I have heard wonderful things about it and from the looks of your card it is amazing!