Saturday, September 13, 2014

Trying to case Vicki

This card was my attempt to case a beautiful and inspiring card designed by Vicki Wizniuk here.  I didn't have the chevron mask that she used, but I did have a chevron stamp.  The leaves are a Hero Arts stamp that finally got some ink on it!  There are other minor changes in my version . . . I like it but felt I should try again.  

This one uses one of the new stamps from Close to My Heart and I added the rounded corners. I like it better, I think.  

Temperatures got down to 34 last night!  One of Steve's Grandsons had two soccer games this morning and I think I wore everything I have in an attempt to keep warm!  I succeeded!  LOL!  The teams are beginners so it was a tie score. ;-). Very fun!

3 comments:

richardbreaks said...

I like these! I think I like the second one more, too,, but they are both super pretty.

Jeanne said...

While both cards are very pretty, I also like the second one a smidge better. I think because it feels a little less busy. I also like the rounded corners. I think you did a great job keeping the spirit of Vicky's card! Brrrr...34 is dipping down there. Your AZ blood will need lots and lots of layers for a while. :)

Alanna said...

These are both super pretty Sharli. I was looking at them both to see if I liked one better than the other. I honestly don't think I do. I love them both!

34 sounds really cold. Eeek!