Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Playing with new stamps!

Do you buy stamps and then never use them? I have been guilty of that and I'm trying to turn over a new leaf! My trick is to leave the new stamps on my work table until at least some of them have ink on them!  LOL  

This was a new Close to My Heart B-size stamp set called Love This. I used the new ShinHan markers, olive ink on the leaves and black ink for the sentiment (another CTMH stamp).  The center of the flower was colored with a yellow pencil (only because I don't have any yellow ShinHan markers yet) and then some Sakura Clear Star gel pen over that part to make it sparkle.  It could have been a single layer card if I'd planned ahead with a mask - but instead the flowers were done on the side and cut out.  

So, it's September already?!  Wow, summer has gone fast up here in the beautiful lake country of Minnesota.  I am reluctant to see the days getting shorter and the nights cooler.  The autumn plants are the only ones left blooming . . . you sure do experience the seasons here! Having lived in Arizona (Phoenix area) most of my life this is very different and I do like it. We won't be staying for the brutal winter however.  *wink*

Hugs!

6 comments:

Alanna said...

This is so gorgeous Sharli. I love those flowers and good for you for putting this stamp set to use.

I'm glad to hear that you won't have to suffer a Minnesota winter. I've heard they can be quite brutal.

richardbreaks said...

This is so lovely, Sharli. The red is so rich, and wonderfully done. Keep stamping!

Nancy Ball said...

This card is STUNNING! I am pretty sure we could all be accused of having stamps we don't get around to using....I have several.

Jeanne said...

What a beautiful card, Sharli! I like your coloring and the dimension added when you had to cut the flowers. Great use of the markers and pencils. Ahhhh you get the beauty that is Minnesota, and can escape when it gets too cold. Good for you!

Kim Heggins said...

Oh my...I think most have done this very thing and good for you to figure out a way to change that and use your new goodies. This is one sweet card and those flowers are just lovely.

Sharli Hill-Aleman said...

I saw your blog and it is the first time I ever "met" another Sharli. I am Sharli also, as a nickname derived from my middle name, Sharleen. So it is nice to "meet" you, Sharli. I live now in Florida, but will be returning next summer to Hawaii where I lived for 42 years. I miss it so!. Enjoyed looking at your blog. Your cards are creative and I can see how much you enjoy the process. Warmest Aloha and keep up the good work.

Sharli Hill-Alelman