Monday, September 8, 2014

Honoring Teachers

I couldn't await to get my hands on this school-themed stamp set when it appeared in the newest Close to My Heart catalog!  Playing with CTMH  stamps, papers, and inks, and one stencil with scallops of sorts, I created this card.  The punch was a fun detail that I probably overdid, and the ribbon is a piece of silk from my stash (so soft!). 

I may be a little prejudiced, but I think my daughter is an awesome teacher - with a natural gift that she works hard to perfect.  World class!! I sent this card to her recently to let her know how I feel and in celebration that her school district chose her to represent them in a development opportunity! Woot (or should I say Hoot?)!

It is starting to feel like Autumn here.  Wow!



4 comments:

Becca-expressions said...

I like the punch detail! Really a cute card, Sharli. I love how you did the inside, too!

Jeanne said...

What a great card, Sharli! I like the coloring and the texture the punch adds. What an exciting opportunity for your daughter as well. :)

Kim Heggins said...

Just the perfect card for any teacher. I love that you made the inside look as fabulous as the outside.

Julia Aston said...

What a great teacher stamp set Sharli! you made 2 lovely cards with it - I'm sure your daughter appreciated a special card from Mum!