Friday, March 20, 2015

Wink of Stella in a BRUSH pen





I made this card at the Scrapbook Convention in Phoenix at a vendor booth. The colors on the flower were added with Spectrum water color pens that had a fine line, like a fine point marker, on one end and a wider brush on the other end. The idea was to put a little color on the flower and then go back with a water brush and blend it out. I got a little lot carried away with the color so my flower is extremely vibrant! LOL We helped it dry with a heat gun (just to speed up the process) and then used the Wink of Stella brush (not a gel pen, but capable of wide splashes of sparkle!)! I brought home a large off-white rectangular card with this gaudy flower in the middle of it!

Today on Vicki Wizniuk's blog I was inspired to cut down the card and let some of the flower "fall off" the edge! I added a tiny micron-line to "frame it" and put it over this pretty paper (also from my weekend adventures) with a bit of silk ribbon to bring out the orange highlights. 

I was SO impressed with the WOS brush that I think you will be seeing a LOT of it! Hugs!

3 comments:

Jeanne said...

Very nice, Sharli! Yes, your flower is vibrant and oh so pretty. You did a great job on it. Isn't the WOS pen fun? Whoever thought of it is brilliant and deserves all the credit and money for being so dang smart! I hear there is one that has a wide "brush" so one could add larger amounts of glitter, too. Brilliant! Anyway, your card looks great and I'm happy you are having fun with your cardmaking! Happy Spring

Kim Heggins said...

This is one over the top amazing card! I love your gorgeous flower, the colors are so bright and vivid and it looks amazing with your patterned paper and orange ribbon.

Julia Aston said...

What a great make and take Sharli! your flower looks wonderful against that pretty floral paper! Thanks for stopping by my blog and saying hello - hope you are having a grand weekend!