Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Ribbon scraps


I am definitely going to create a place to collect "ribbon scraps"!!! I cut a butterfly shape into my Kraft cardstock and then adhered the ribbon scraps to the backside. A couple of stamped things later and I had a reasonable card! I think two butterflies, maybe the second one smaller, might be the ticket. But. Nifty reason to convince me to save ribbon scraps!

The card class was a success! Whew! I am (secretly) glad it's done. Now I can get busy on my honeymoon scrapbook. I am only 3 years behind!!

3 comments:

Jeanne said...

What a great idea, Sharli, to use ribbon scraps. The idea is like how people use washi tape, but with a little more texture. I never got into the washi tape trend, but I do have ribbon. I will have to remember this. Ohh, good luck on your honeymoon album. :) Glad your class was a success (I knew it would be). :)

Kim Heggins said...

This is one sweet card. I love the ribbon behind your butterfly and that sentiment along the side of your card, just so fabulous! Love it!!! Good luck with your scarpbook too, I am so far behind too!

Shirley said...

Okay, I'm a believer!! Who doesn't have ribbon leftovers. I save everything stamp it seems!! This is a wonderful card and I am going to CAS it soon. Thanks for the welcome back Sharli!!