Tuesday, March 17, 2015


These sweet daffodils were a "must have" for spring! I used alcohol markers to color them; it went very quickly! It's a smaller card, 4x4 inch. The base is a retired Close To My Heart cardstock called Key Lime. I am trying to use my stuff ( but you know how tempting the new things always are!) 

Speaking of new things, last weekend I attended a Creating Keepsakes Scrapbook Convention in Phoenix with a dear friend. We had a couple of classes and lots of time to see everything in the exhibit hall! I did a make-and-take with Spectrum ink and Wink of Stella that I never realized comes in a large "water brush" type form. I have a tiny gel pen, and was baffled at the beautiful washes of sparkle some people get on their cards (ahem, Anna!) So that  fine pen immediately jumped into my shopping cart!  LOL

I'll post the photo once I make something with the flower I created. Right now it's not much to look at, except it is vibrant and sparkly! It was so much fun to spend an entire day doing art stuff with a friend! Good for the soul.

3 comments:

Jeanne said...

Sweet card, Sharli! So glad you got to go and play with your friend. Sounds like you had a wonderful time. I didn't know that about the WOS pen either. Enjoy it when it arrives.

Kim Heggins said...

Oh my....this is just as sweet as can be. The daffodil garden on your card is just beautiful and your coloring, FABULOUS!

Becca-expressions said...

So soft and pretty! LOVE your coloring.