Monday, February 14, 2011

Fire Up The Grill

I know that's probably not happening everywhere yet - but around here the weather has been beautiful and Steve and I have been entertaining guests - so we've grilled steaks. This card uses the new Mayberry papers from Close to My Heart. The colors are Sunset, Garden Green, Honey and Colonial White. I sponged a little Sky on the focal image and used my 40% off coupon to get the Martha scissors that cut awesome grass in split seconds! The paper was already striped (backside of the striped piece along the left side).

Valentines Day - At work we had a chocolate fountain - it was really over-the-top! Tonight we're going out to dinner, and I made a card (will post later in the week). I've been getting introduced to his friends (hope I'm passing muster!). I like them - they are fun to be around and I felt instantly comfortable.

Tell me about your Valentines day?

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Sharli, what a FUN card! Love those BBQ tools hanging from the grill. :))) U R makin' me hungry! Happy Valentine's Day to you & your sweetie! DH & I babysat all day & baked Valentine cookies & brownies--with a ton of taste testing goin' on. I'll post my Valentine's Day surprise later in the week. It's so special & from the heart.

Julie Marie said...

Hello Sharli... Happy Valentines Day to you!... I am sure your new sweetheart's friends adore you... so happy for you!... xoxo Julie Marie

Laurel said...

This is too cute, love the watermelon border!

Jeanne said...

Fun card, Sharli! We could have probably grilled here if we had wanted to, our weather is much nicer than last week at this time. LOL

I'm thrilled that you and Steve (he has a name) are getting along so well and that he's introducing you to his friends. I'm sure they love you, too!

Enjoy this special time in your life. You truly deserve it!

Carolyn said...

How adorable!! I LOL at your comment about no one firing up there grill yet. We're still buried in snow, but it's been in the 30's last few days!
So happy for you Sharli!! :)

Julia Aston said...

A great grill card Sharli! love the watermellon slices on the left and the fun grass! So glad to hear you are having fun with 'Steve'!!!

Kent and I went out to eat on Saturday AND Sunday - then stayed in on Valentines Day and had brownie sundaes!

Cibele Glazer said...

Such a cute card. I love the watermelon slice border! Great idea. Good to see the that things are progressing with you and the SO.

We haven't celebrated VDay yet. We usually wait a week or two and then go out. I like it better that way but I did get some chocolate! Yum.

Curt in Indy said...

Super cute card Sharli! LOVE those watermelon slices, they add the perfect touch. OK, 2 things. . .
One, they need to pass your muster!!! You are the sweetest thing ever, and of course they will love you. NOW, secondly, his friends get to meet you, when do WE GET TO MEET HIM??? HUH???? One would hope "SOMEONE" would be posting a picture sometime in the VERY near future. . .huh?? Best, Curt

Anonymous said...

OK, I want to know how you get a chocolate fountain at work?????? Plus, I want to know how you a re grilling when I have 2+ feet of snow on the ground!!!! Your card is absolutely delightful and everything about it reminds me of the joys of warm wheather!

Shirley said...

Love your card! Very cheerful invitation! and pretty too!