Saturday, March 19, 2011

Tissue Stamping

Hello! I've missed you!!
This card was the technique I taught at the February Open Stamping at my house. It uses facial tissues to pick up ink from the ink pad and place it on the acrylic stamp. I started with the darker color (so I could see where I put it) and then filled in with the lighter color. The resulting softness is so pretty! You can learn more about it at Jeanette Lynton's blog here.

My life is awesome! Have I mentioned that? LOL Since I've last posted I've met more of Steve's friends and some family. They are all wonderful people - which really doesn't surprise me since it is only logical that this amazing man would have awesome friends. I have been welcomed with love and kindness and my heart has tripled in size from all the love it holds. It is only by the Grace of God that I have been so enriched - and I am incredibly grateful.

Next week I meet his daughter, and mid-April he meets mine. These are important events (as we all know, daughters rule!).

Hugs!!

11 comments:

Scossie Jane said...

There you are Sharli. This Steve chap is taking up far too much of your scrapping time... LOL

Life sounds good my friend - good luck with the daughters - I love your comment about 'daughters rule'

I remember introducing my now second husband to my daughter, who was 15 at the time (daughter, not husband...hee hee). They got on like a house on fire, after the initial nerves had settled - happy memories... Hugs xx

Scossie Jane said...

Ooops, forgot to mention your card - loving that inking technique, must put that one under my belt for future reference.... Hugs again xx

Jeanne said...

Such a beautiful card, Sharli! Such a pretty technique. I'm glad you found a little time to play with your stamps. But my big grin came from hearing how wonderful things are going for you. I'm happy for you and hope the all important daughters' meetings go as well as everything else has. You certainly deserve all the good that is coming your way!!

Jamie Harder said...

Beautiful card! I love that technique!!!

Unknown said...

So good to see you back with this beautiful card & special technique! Love it! Glad you are SO, SO happy!

Anonymous said...

Sharli my friend, your card and your news are both fantastic. My daughter hated my second husband UNTIL she had a chance to get to know him and know that he did NOT take me away from her dad...I fled because of all the abuse rendered. After she met my husband 6 months later she loves him as her father now. Her fater died 2 years ago as of Saturday. She would ask my husband questions because she knew her dad would either brush them off or laugh. Of course, my husband did not. Great times to come for you and even more love if you can stand it. Love ya Girlfriend. Iona

Carolyn said...

Gorgeous card! And yes Daughter's Rule. By the way you have been talking about Steve, I'm sure he'll pass the daughter test. How fun and exciting for you all. So happy for you!
Hugs my friend!!

Julia Aston said...

Love this technique Sharli! what a pretty flower - love the papers you used here too!

I'm SO happy for you with your new love dear friend!

Cibele Glazer said...

Beautiful card to reflect a beautiful life! Wishing you more happiness. :)

Curt in Indy said...

Your card is lovely, but not half as lovely as the joy you are obviously feeling. I love that you are in love. Couldn't happen to a nicer person! How's kitty by the way? Best, Curt

Shirley said...

First, your banner picture of the boat with blown glass, blew my mind!! Wonderful!!!....and I love your card too. The colors are so muted and lovely!!