Saturday, April 16, 2011

Another Altered card . . .

This one was originally made by Jen Coleman - I added only the Hollyhock back piece with another row of scallops and stamped a Happy Birthday greeting inside! Isn't it wonderful?! It filled a need for a beautiful birthday card with only about 3 minutes of my time invested. Thanks for the rescue Jen!!!

Update on life - I had my first ever nail acrylics put on today and done in a lovely natural length and shape - with french manicure. I'm still adjusting, but I think I'll love them! I know I'll be showing my hands off in the very near future . . .

Hugs!

7 comments:

Laurel said...

So pretty!

Kathi Carlson said...

Your card is beautiful and the second paragraph of your post ... so very interesting. Enjoy your pretty hands!

Jeanne said...

What a lovely card, Sharli! Even though you haven't been able to craft much (for a wonderful reason), you sure haven't lost your touch!

As for your nails...I used to LOVE my acrylic nails, especially the French manicure look. I'm sure they are gorgeous and now I'm wondering if you are going to be showing off some sparkle soon....hmmmmm, can't wait to see for sure!

Carolyn said...

Pretty card!! But will you also be showcasing a "ring" on your pretty finger?? :)

mE said...

You're a tease!! I can't wait to see WHY you got those fabulous nails to show off your hands :) I'm hoping for another kind of bling on a certain finger!

:)

Erin

Anonymous said...

Sharli my friend you always tease and amaze. The card is really beautiful. Nice 3 minutes to a wonderful card. I love getting nails. I haven't had any for about a month now. I need to get mine put back on, but for a very different reason though. Can't wait for the new reveal ;)

Hugs friend!

Iona

Unknown said...

Pretty card, Sharli! I foresee a genuine Sparkle on your ring finger soon. I'm sure your eyes have been sparkling brightly for a while. So happy for you!