Sunday, May 15, 2011

Birthday Boy card

It was heavenly getting into the craft room today - I had some "must make" cards and my Mojo was with me - I was on a roll! I guess I must have had ideas stuck inside my head for awhile or something.

This one is simple - really - and I love the overall effect. I used white pigment ink to put "white caps" on the waves, and paper-pieced the sailboat from a grab-bag type package of scrap Japanese fine papers that were a gift a few years ago (I've been hoarding them - they are so wonderful!). I sponged some "Sky" ink onto the sky and die cut the clouds . . . deciding to stamp them with the sentiment was just a lucky accident (not part of my initial plan)! I love the overall effect of the card! It may not be "fun" enough for a 6 year old - but it certainly made ME happy!

Wedding plans - oh my goodness! Well, we have set the date, and what type of cake. The two most important decisions (Just KIDDING!). I have so much to do yet - but started by making lists. That will help me feel more in control. An illusion, I realize; humor me. Thank you all for your warm and thoughtful messages. I feel so loved! Let's see if I can answer some of the questions - "North" means Minnesota. Yes, we will still be commuting after we get married - I have a great job and am not ready to retire, so I need to continue working. I've been independent for 18 years so I have some practice at being alone. I admit that it's harder now that I know how happy I can be with Steve in my daily life - but I still think we can do this. We're going to try - and if adjustments need to be made later on, well, then we'll address them then. Yes, my daughter met him and she is very happy for us. No, it's not scary loving a priest, it's wonderful! I think that covers most of them - let me know if I forgot anything important!

Namaste
ps - I made it to yoga classes three days last week - and I feel STRONG!!!

6 comments:

Jeanne said...

Great card, Sharli. I really like the use of the white on the waves. I'm sure the recipient will think it's a neat card.

Sounds like you will have no problems handling the wedding planning. You know what's important. Enjoy the process!

Laurel said...

So cute, love your waves!

Sounds like everything is coming together well for you. Way to go!

Kathi Carlson said...

Your card makes me smile, too, Sharli. What is it about sailboats?

Thanks for the email? I "Googled" Steve and learned a bit about him. A good guy, I am certain! And a Minnesota boy, too. The best. I am relatively certain you will be able to do the long distance thing until you are ready to retire. I think we are relatively close in age. It's not that many years. Besides that, distance isn't a big obstacle when love is strong. I say again, I am so very happy for you. With a heart of pure gold, you deserve this.

Unknown said...

COOL card, and I'm so happy you and your mojo are baaaaack! Could you send me some now? :)

You and Steve can DO it, Sharli--all you need is love. Hey, I hear a tune ...

Maybe you can retire early? (but not from card making, 'cause you're one of the BEST!)

Cibele Glazer said...

Wedding plans are good for your creative juices! This card is fantastic!!! As for the distance things, in this day and age of instant communication with email, cell phones, skype, etc. it will be a piece of "cake"... I suggest you two invest in a couple of iTouches with FaceTime. My DH went on a trip to Ireland recently. He and my daughter used it every night. I swear it was like he was in the next room so much so, it felt like he never left. LOL.

Shirley said...

Wow! What a great boy card. I really like the layer and love the colors too!