Saturday, May 21, 2011

Happy Birthday!

This was a gift card birthday card I made recently using the Close to My Heart Wings papers! Delightful to work with, I love that these papers use black as one of the "neutral" colors! Such a "pop" for all the other colors! The inside right-hand side is a pocket that opens up - there is a gift card tucked inside. It took me a little "fiddling" with the measurements to get this right, but I've kept my template and will definitely use it again! Card and gift all in one!

Today - well, interesting is the word for today! I started my day at the crack of dawn! I was only 2nd in line at the passport application window . . . and this time I had everything I needed to finally get it done! 4 - 6 weeks is their estimate on how long it will take. One more detail I can check off of my long to-do list! From there, I had an appointment at a bridal shop to try on dresses. What an experience - I'm too old for this!!!

At home, my new garden shed was delivered this week and a former neighbor who had the time agreed to put it together for me (since Steve is away). Dan worked all day (it's a "fancy" shed!) and the end result is quite impressive! I'm SO glad I didn't try to put this thing together myself!!! I get an A+ for knowing my limits!

The weekend has been productive so far - I'm hoping for an equally good Sunday! Hugs to all my dear friends who didn't expect to be going anywhere today (rapture). I believe it will happen when we least expect it!


One last treat - the Canna Lily that Steve planted bloomed . . .

Namaste.

5 comments:

Karen B. said...

Super fun card, Sharli! I love that idea! Beautiful photo of your flower too.

Scossie Jane said...

Another beautiful card Sharli, like the pocket for a gift card too....

Talking being 'too old' for wedding dress shopping - I got married for the second time 4 years ago, I was 44. My daughter came with me shopping for dresses, she was my Matron of Honour. Anyway, we went to the first shop, and the lady automatically spoke to daughter (totally ignored me) and asked her if she had any style in mind....

Boy, was she embarrased when daughter said "my Mum's the Bride".
It happened everywhere we went, got quite funny after a while, those ladies all squirming with embarrasment... hee hee. Lesson to learn - NEVER assume anything... Looking forward to 'seeing' your dress... Hugs xx

Jeanne said...

Beautiful card, Sharli. Thanks for sharing some of the behind the scenes details as you prepare for your wedding. Great job on the shed. You've got a great friend there who helped you. The flower is stunning!

As for planning and preparing for your wedding, my thought is you have a distinct advantage over the younger brides. You know what is much more important than a dress or a flower or whatever. A wedding is one day, a marriage is forever. Hugs.

Shirley said...

Beautiful card, shed, flower, and the entire post!!!

Alanna said...

Great card. Love that wings paper. And your shed looks great and it does look a bit fancy. I too would have known better that I should stay away from trying to put it together.