Sunday, August 7, 2011

Dreamin'

I used to think that I had some sort of weird addiction to flower stamps . . . lately I've come to realize that I am also addicted to pumpkins. I must have a dozen different stamps with pumpkins!!! BUT, this new one, from the just released Close-to-My-Heart catalog is awesome and it was one of the first stamp sets I ordered! Isn't it wonderful?! The card was very easy - I let the paper (Dreamin') do the work. I don't know if it shows up in the photo, but the pumpkin was stamped on the panel and then I stamped one to cut out and pop-up over it. It creates some depth that looks nice IRL. It's all CTMH product.

I've been so busy! Most of you know why *wink* - I've been planning our wedding, and traveling back and forth from Minnesota to visit Steve, and continuing to work full time. Oh golly - there's time when I sleep, too, but not much! Since I'm a crazy woman, I decided to make my own wedding invitations (I know, I said I wouldn't! But have you seen what is available commercially?) so I'm creating over 300 invitations and that project is time sensitive. LOL

I have been visiting your spots while munching my PB&J at lunchtime - so I know you've been busy and creative! I miss getting to post regularly and look forward to things getting back to some level of balance! In the meanwhile - know that I love you all.

Hugs!

7 comments:

Laurel said...

Oh I love this, love that pumpkin! So glad the wedding plans are coming along nicely!

Unknown said...

What a purty pumpkin card, Sharli! You're a busy bride-to-be, and I'm sure you have all those details nailed down! I, too, hope that Autumn brings us some more creative time and a new normal-routine! :) I hadn't played in my studio at all until today & it was therapeutic, as simple as the project is. Hugs!

Nancy Ball said...

Sharli, this is a great card and I'm excited to get around to using this stamp.
You are a wee bit nuts to do your own wedding invites, but I think most of us CTMH gals would do the same.
Take care and I look forward to reading more about your wedding.

Alanna said...

What a beautiful card Sharli. I just love it.

Sounds like you have your hands full. And 300 invitations? WOW! I'm sure they are going to be so gorgeous.

Good luck with everything!

Curt in Indy said...

You and I have something else in common. . .pumpkins! I LOVE pumpkins. They are the first sign of Autumn which is my favorite time of year. I get butterflies in my stomach sometimes just thinking about Fall and all the fun things that go with it. So, that's why I really LOVE your card. And I agree, that pumpkin is spectacular! I about feel out of my chair when I heard you were making your wedding invitations (300 of them!!!!) Girl, you are one brave woman and one that will be tuckered out by the time this is all over. But I know you can do it and that they will be amazing. Get some rest, huh? Best, Curt

Deb Neerman said...

I LOVE this card, Sharli! And those stamps ... I HAVE got to check out a catalog!

Hope all is well with you, Sweetie!

Sending hugs!!

Julia Aston said...

what a fun text pumpkin Sharli! love the paper you paired it with - so happy for you with your wedding plans - is it soon?? good luck with making your own invites - you might be pulling your hair out by the time you are done!! but it is such a nice touch to hand make them!!