Saturday, August 20, 2011

Wedding


Knowing that I needed to make over 300 invitations, I kept the design very simple. I purchased high-quality plain folders (i.e. pre-cut card) and matching size envelopes from a local paper supplier. I used Antique Linen Distress Ink on the "natural" paper color to create a tone-on-tone image. The stamp is from a Close-to-My-Heart set appropriately named Dreams Come True. To finish off the invitation, I used the 1/2" corner chomper - (I love that tool!) on just the lower left and upper right corners. I added a tiny heart with wings under the printed information.

Here is a closer view of the flourish -Next on the agenda is to get moving on the Thank You notes! Here is my prototype (again, trying to keep it fairly simple!).
I had a very productive day today - it finally feels like I'm making progress! This morning my new window treatment in the bedroom was installed and it looks wonderful. I spent a couple of hours sorting through my vast craft supplies to pull out things I NEED to have in my 2nd home in Minnesota in order to be creative - it was fun splitting my hoard into two and making careful decisions about which "pair of scissors" should stay and which should go up North. On my last visit up there I spied a local scrapbook store (Steve immediately pulled into the parking lot without me even asking - see why I love him?!). The store is just delightful! I will be doing my part to keep them in business! It is called Memories for the Making and they blog here.

Well, hope your Sunday and week are wonderful. Hugs!!

6 comments:

Karen B. said...

Beautiful! 300? Wow, you've got patience!

Alanna said...

What a gorgeous invitation. Very classy. And I love the thank you card as well.

Unknown said...

So lovely, Sharli! Very elegant and special because you're making these with love!

Curt in Indy said...

I love your invitations. . .You did a beautiful job Sharli. They are simple, sweet, and elegant. I still can't imagine doing 300 of them! LOL Best, Curt

Cibele Glazer said...

Sharli these are beautiful! I love the tone-on-tone and the color you chose. You must be getting so excited. So happy for you dear friend!

stampmonkey said...

Wow, Sharli! So much has happened since I last visited!! You're getting MARRIED?!?! Congratulations!!! Your invitations are just beautiful --can't believe you've got the energy or time to make 300 of them...you go, girl! ;)

Since you don't have a "subscribe via email" option, it's hard to keep up with blogs so more often than not, I don't. ;( I know I miss out on a lot of things, but it's too time consuming for me to go find them all when I'm short on computer time in the first place. ;( Anyway, I'm not sure how often I'll make it back here (saw your comment on Jeanne's blog when I stopped by there a minute ago and clicked on your link there -lol), but hopefully it won't be as long between visits as it has been in the past.

big hugs,
Christi