Friday, August 2, 2013

Anniversary card



Hello!  Another pre-scheduled post while I'm on the road - I decided to do this because I couldn't trust that I'd be able to figure out how to upload things from the i-Pad!  This was an anniversary card made with the July Stamp of The Month set from Close-to-My-Heart!  It's a beautiful set that lets me play with the markers!  I just love how beautiful these images can be with just a little ink!  

I'm sure you can tell, this is one of those cards that will stand up by itself, and the front image covers the note written on the inside without covering the entire back piece.  Very clever.  The paper is Chantilly (just wonderful colors!).  Speaking of, the colors used are Hollyhock, Buttercup, Cotton Candy, Pear, Ruby, Sunset, and Twilight.  The piece to the left of the cherry focal point is a Zip-Strip from the design papers.  So easy to use and what a nice boost to the overall look!  

It won't be long now and I'll be getting home again.  Hope you are all having a wonderful week!  Hugs!

8 comments:

Jeanne said...

Great card, Sharli. I really like the Chantilly papers and that fold on the card looks really neat. Super job!

Julia Aston said...

Wonderful colors and ribbons on this fun fold card Sharli! Hope you are enjoying your travels!

maria f. said...

Now that card just SCREAMS summer to me! Fruits and gingham - how yummy. Hope your summer is going well, Sharli.
p.s. Long time ago you asked about how I made some numbers and letters "float"? Foam adhesive.

Curt in Indy said...

Gorgeous card Sharli. Love the design. Hope your daughter's wedding went perfectly. . .congratulations to her and her new husband. Hope you post pics soon. I've missed visiting you! Hope all is well with you. Hugs, Curt

Jane said...

Those are such cheerful colors--love the Chantilly! I like your gingham ribbon accents and your marker-colored cherries! AND how did we ever live without those cool zip strips! Great use of it! So glad you're back home. I enjoyed seeing the beautiful wedding photos!

Unknown said...

Lovely card Sharli, loving the cherries image, beautifully coloured too! And the fold on the card is really interesting. Sorry I haven't been around for a wee while - Granny duties take up so much of my time now. Glad you came over to visit... Hugs xx

Curt in Indy said...

I've come to check in on you and see how you are doing. Hope all is well in your little corner of the world. Hugs, Curt

Kim Heggins said...

Fabulous anniversary card! I love your gingham ribbon tales and those cherries look good enough to eat!