Monday, September 2, 2013

Autumn gratitude

This card was inspired by someone, I wish I knew where I saw it!  But I changed more than three things so perhaps she will forgive me for signing it?  I didn't have the flower stamp that goes with the new Huntington papers, but I thought this older flower looked pretty good!  Also, I used a retired set for the stem and leaves - that seems like a great coordination, also.  I didn't have the new bronze glitter tape so I used a zip strip mounted on cardstock between the two different design papers (and I used a different design paper on the left hand side).  I love both versions of the card and really appreciate the inspiration from the awesome artist (please tell me who you are?!)!

I got one of the new CTMH home decor display frames - the white one with chicken wire - and am hoping to create a set of Huntington cards to display on the frame this month.  This is "example 1"!  The papers are beautiful and autumn is my favorite season so it will be relaxing and fun to work on this project! 

On the personal side?  I'm recovering from the car accident - I have a new-old car that I really like and am almost at a point where I don't flinch every time someone comes up behind me.  LOL  

My precious daughter is now Mrs. Stuart - and she planned the most wonderful wedding!  It was fabulous and they are a darling couple!  I'm one lucky MIL to have gained such a nice man for my Son-in-law!  I just realized that the wedding photos (the few) that I have are on my i-pad so I'll have to e-mail them to my PC so I can post one here.  Stay tuned for that . . .

Hope your holiday weekend has been everything you needed!  Hugs!!


5 comments:

Alanna said...

Sharli I'm so sorry to hear about your car accident. And how awesome for your daughter.

Lastly your card is gorgeous. I love those papers.

richardbreaks said...

Great card Sharli! Love the sentiment(s).

Hope you're okay after your ordeal. Much happiness to your daughter!

Terrie Dodd said...

So glad you are OK...When was your accident? I was in a car accident while on vacation in July also...Scary, but thank goodness we were all OK and it wasn't our car, so we could continue on... Your card is beautiful and can't wait to see your daughters pics...

Jeanne said...

Car accident? I went back through some posts to see when you shared that and couldn't find it. I'm so sorry you were involved in one and relieved that you are okay.

The card you shared is beautiful and you've made the supplies you own look fabulous with the papers. Great job!

Congrats again to your daughter! Hope married life is good to them!

Jane said...

So glad that you've welcomed a wonderful young man into your family circle, Sharli! Praying that you heal completely from that accident. I like how you made the card design your OWN. Those Huntington papers are gorgeous!