Friday, September 27, 2013

Technique for Sunday Open Stamping

This will be our technique card for this weekend.  I loved the design of 3-candles that I saw on someone else's blog - and they had used a glittery something - embossing powder I believe, to make their card.  I didn't have these lovely colors of glitter embossing powder so I began to play around and experiment and discovered two wonderful techniques!

First, remembering that you could use alcohol markers to color brads and things like that, I made the card on the right hand side, that is super shiny.  With the glitter tape from Close-to-My-Heart and the new alcohol markers, I colored the tape, let it dry, and then trimmed it into a candle shape and adhered it to the card.  The second experiment was to see if I could get one that looked "creamy" and I used the pigment ink pads directly on the glitter tape.  These took longer to dry ( ! ) but I hurried them up a little with the heat gun.  

Which look (candles) do you like the best and why?!

Namaste.

3 comments:

Nancy Ball said...

I LOVE the card on the left that you used the pigment ink on. I am going to have to try that one, never thought of using inks on the shimmer tape.

Jeanne said...

I, too, like the one on the left as it's a bit more subtle than the other card. How neat that you came up with two ways to create some neat looks! Well done, Sharli. I'm sure your group will love both ways! Cute finished cards, too.

maria f. said...

My eye jumped to the card on the right, I think because the sentiment works well in contrast with the bold candles. As for the sparkle level, me likely the subdued effect on the left.