Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Home decor - new way to display

The new Autumn / Winter Close-to-My-Heart catalog has some beautiful items that are home decor type things; this frame with chicken wire really caught my eye!  I love that I can use the nifty little clips to hang recent creations and rotate them easily.  My "old" way of displaying cards was to put them into cellophane envelopes and using velcro attach them to a foam-core board.  With the card inside the protective envelope, you couldn't see what I'd done with the inside part.  Each time I changed out the display, bits of the board would pull off with the tapes until the board looked ratty!  My other "problem" with the black foam-core board was it's size - it needed about 8 items to look full enough.  This frame is a little smaller and can look great with just 5 examples!  Perhaps I will be able to change out the board more often this way?!  Hooray!!  

This month I have it with an autumn theme and the papers are mostly Huntington, but also one from Laughing Lola and another from Babycakes!  Hope you like it!

Namaste.

3 comments:

Jeanne said...

What a great way to display your lovely cards, Sharli!

Unknown said...

Each card is beautiful! What a great way to showcase them, and that frame is so versatile!

Curt in Indy said...

This was an awesome idea, and with your cards on it, looks like a display you would see in the Martha Stewart magazine. Love the Fall colors. This is great! Hope you are well. . .Hugs, Curt